1) Jeff- "I am bringing Paige over in the morning to visit for a while."
Jen- "Oh good, maybe if all the doctors make rounds before she comes I could take her to the museum in the afternoon for a while"
Laine- "whoa, whoa, whoa" (with her arms held up like stop).
2) "Dad, you have 2 mustaches" (coming out of sedation)
3) "Mom, you have 2 heads" (coming out of sedation)
4) "I just don't understand all this" (after being poked for IV start and lab draws)
5) "I need a bandaid....and hurry it up" (while the nurse had left the room to get one and was still in the doorway of her room)
6) "You just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit" (after the surgery resident made her sit up in bed at 530 in the morning to examine her leg the day of surgery)
7) "I think it is time to head back up to the room....I am not going to be brave today" (I had told Laine in her room that she was going for a ride and doctors were going to help her leg heal, and she might be scared but that she would need to be brave....her comment was in the pre-op room)