Monday, July 7, 2008

Wonder


Natalie Merchant is one of my favorite singers. I love the song "Wonder". It is the song that plays when you log on here. Laine is one of God's creations and He is good. He makes no mistakes. Another mom that writes a blog I read (and also has a child with a rare genetic disorder) wrote recently, "find joy in the unexpected" ( to see here to go to her post http://lisaleonardonline.com/). I am glad that I am at a point now where I can find joy. With God, I can find the joy in the unexpected. Laine is "gifted with love and with faith she will make her way". My prayer is that Laine's way will be God's way and His word will light her path. With God all things are possible little Laine. Here are the words to the song




WONDER


"Doctors have come from distant cities


just to see me stand over my bed


disbelieving what they're seeing


they say I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation


and as far as they see they can offer no explanation


newspapers ask intimate questions want confessions


they reach into my head to steal the glory of my story they say


I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation


and as far as they see they can offer no explanation


I believe fate smiled and destiny laughed


as she came to my cradle "know this child will be able"


laughed as my body she lifted


"know this child will be gifted with love, with patience and with faith she'll make her way" people see me I'm a challenge to your balance


I'm over your heads how I confound you and astound you to know


I must be one of the wonders of god's own creation


and as far as you see you can offer me no explanation


I believe fate smiled and destiny laughed


as she came to my cradle "know this child will be able"


laughed as she came to my mother "know this child will not suffer"


laughed as my body she lifted "know this child will be gifted with love, with patience and with faith she'll make her way"

No comments: